Good Financial Resource sites – courses and resources in basic finances
- www.kiplinger.com – all sorts of advice on all areas of finances
- www.clarkhoward.com – updated advice on debt and investment options
- http://finance.yahoo.com – a variety of information and advice for personal finances and investment. Includes calculators
- www.fool.com – All sorts of financial advice from the Motley Fool
- www.nodebtnosweat.com – Steve Diggs – (Christian financial planning) – promotion of his resources but also some good articles.
- www.daveramsey.com – Dave Ramsey (popular talk show host) – promotion of his resources but also some free advice and information.
- www.finishrich.com – David Bach program promotion – some free information, quizzes, and calculators
- www.americasaves.org – saving tips
- www.nefe.org Home page for National Endowment for Financial Education (nefe). Helps Americans acquire the knowledge and skills for their financial well being
Non-profit employee investment options
To teach your kids about money
- http://www.moneyinstructor.com - Discusses saving habit techniques by different age ranges of children.
- http://www.smartaboutmoney.org/nefe/pages/home.asp - From the National Endowment for Financial Education (nefe). Provides sound advice and practical helps on how to achieve financial goals.
- www.kidsenseonline.com – thoughts for parents and kids
- www.kidsmoney.org – connecting link to many other kid financial resources
Bargains – buying and selling
- www.retailmenot.com - Online coupon site that is organized and easy to use.
- www.craigslist.com – online classified ads - buying and selling
- www.ebay.com - online bargain buying and selling
Credit card and debt
- http://nfcc.org/ - This site serves those who are looking to reduce their debt.
Find out your credit history
- www.annualcreditreport.com - by law you're entitled to one free credit report from each of the three credit reporting agencies each year
- www.equifax.com (800) 685-1111
- www.experian.com (888) 567-8688
- www.transunion.com (800) 916-8800
- www.Dinkytown.net – all sorts financial calculators
- http://www.calcxml.com/calclist.html - Need a calculator? This site offers dozens of different types from college through retirement.
Mortgage information and calculators
- www.mortgage-calc.com – mortgage, rent calculators, debt calculators and more
- www.mortgage-net.com – mortgage/refinance information, calculators – including debt elimination calculator
- www.mortgage101.com – interest rates, mortgage calculators etc.
- www.Lendingtree.com – online shopping for best loan rates
- www.eloan.com – online shopping for best loan rates
Money market account and other investment products
- www.soundmindinvesting.com - This Christian based site has numerous topics about investing
- www.etrade.com – calculators (mortgage vs. renting etc), Retirement accounts (IRA etc) and advice
- www.fidelity.com – investment products and advice
- www.vanguard.com – investment products and advice
- www.troweprice.com – investment products and advice
- www.schwab.com – investment products and advice
- www.edwardjones.com – investment products and advice
- http://investoreducation.org/index.cfm - Alliance for Investor Education – devoted to enlightening novice, experienced, young and old investors on a wide range of topics
- www.bankrate.com – current rates on money market accounts
- www.finra.org/InvestorInformation/index.htm - Consumer education site for investors
Financial Information Web sites – financial info on stocks, bonds, mutual funds and overall financial planning...
- www.morningstar.com (ranking mutual funds)
- www.mfea.com (ranks funds – even those with less than $50 investment)
- www.mutuals.com (more than 10,000 mutual funds information)
Housing and Information
- www.RealEstate.com – information on buying a house
- www.knowyourstuff.org/ - Create a detailed home inventory of all of your “stuff” with a free program
Finding Life (and other) Insurance
College financial planning
- www.finaid.org - Fafsa forms etc
Retirement Information and Calculators:
- www.ThriveQ.com – retirement readiness quiz
- www.thrivent.com/planning/tools/index.html - all sorts of calculators
- www.aarp.org -
- www.choosetosave.org/ballpark - a two page worksheet to help calculate retirement needs
- www.medicare.gov – Medicare information
- www.benefitscheckup.org - a web site from the National Council on Aging
Financial Software/ online budgeting tools (to purchase)
- www.quicken.com – (order blank for great retirement and expense-tracking software, analyzes mutual funds etc. –30 day free trial)
- www.mvelopes.com - a personal budget system online accessible from any computer (30 day free trial)
Looking for a financial advisor:
- www.napfa.org – National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
- www.sec.gov/investor/brokers.htm - Checking out financial advisors